Department of EDUCATION - MALAPPURAM
Department of EDUCATION - MALAPPURAM
Started in 2013 and formally inaugurated by Sri. E. Ahamed,(Then Minister of States for External Affairs, Govt. of India) On 28th November 2013
2-Year B.Ed. Programme ( From 2015)
Offered in two teaching subjects
Highlights of the Curriculum
B Ed Degree in dual teaching subjects
Interdisciplinary combinations in 14 Teaching Subjects
Provision of Elective Courses.
Prepared by the Department of Education, AMU and approved by Board of Studies of the Department.
Revised and introduced Credit Based Semester System in the year 2013
Revised and introduced new curriculum for Two year B.Ed. Programme in 2015
14 teaching Subjects Offered
Languages : English, Hindi, Arabic , Urdu and Malayalam
Social sciences : History, Geography, Civics, Islamic Studies, Commerce and Economics
Sciences : Physical Science, Biological Science and Mathematics
CO CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Weekly Seminar Presentations
Observation of Various Days
Committees and Clubs in Dept. of Education
Examination and Internal Assessment
School Internship Programme & Practice teaching
Clubs: Language, Social Science, Science, Nature
Placement Cell, etc.
Classrooms- 4 Nos.
Faculty Room- 2 Nos.
Toilets: separate for staff, boys and girls
Boys Hostel- 1 No. (6 Blocks)
Girsl Hostel- 1 No. (3 Blocks)
Social Science Lab
Vehicle parking shed for staff and students
Play Grounds (cricket/football, badminton, volleyball, & Basket ball)
Gymnasium: separate for boys & girls
Fee Charged for the Programme
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.): Admission fee: 9725.00 Tution fee: 550.00
Facilities Added during Last Quarter .
Reading room is shifted to a hall adjacent to Departmental Library, Department of Education. The Reading room is open till 6 P.M. everyday.
Resources in Library
Number of Books: 11379
Number of Journals & Periodicals: 84
Seating Capacity: 130
Department of Education, AMU Centre, Malappuram has the following infrastructural facilities.
1. Classrooms: Every classroom has sufficient seating arrangements, chalk board/marker-pen board, LCD projector. One classroom is facilitated with Interactive White Board (IWB)
2. Faculty Room: Faculty members of the department are given separate chambers with necessary facilities such as chairs, table, shelves, power supply, internet connectivity etc.
3. Toilets: The department ensures sufficient number of toilets/latrines for its staff, and students.
4. Students Hostel: The AMU Centre has facilitated students with accommodation facilities inside the campus. There are five hostel blocks for boys students and three blocks for the girls students.
5. Staff Quarters: The teaching and non-teaching staff of the Centre is given the facility to use the staff quarter at the residential area of the campus.
6. Medical Room: One medical room is arranged adjacent to the girls hostel to ensure first aid to the students and staff.
7. Language Lab: The department is having computers in the ICT Lab with the pre-installed Language Lab Software.
8. ICT Lab: The Centre has two ICT Laboratories, one common to all and another for department of education. Both the laboratories are connected with high speed internet.
9. Library: The Centre has two libraries, one general library and another for department of education.
10. Science lab: The department has a science laboratory where the apparatus and requirements for doing experiments of subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics are arranged.
11. Social Science Lab: The department has a social science laboratory where the apparatus, and requirements related to humanities and social science subjects are arranged.
12. Psychology Lab: The department has a psychological laboratory where the devices and tools used for psychological tests and experiments are arranged.
13. SUPW Lab: The department has a laboratory of Socially Useful Productive Works.
14. Curriculum Lab: The department has a curriculum laboratory where the students are made accessible to different text books, school curriculum, copies of various policies, commission, and reports related to education in the country.
15. Vehicle parking shed for staff and students: there are separate vehicle parking area for the staff and students of the Centre.
16. Canteen: There is a cafeteria which works from the morning to night in the Centre.
17. Dining Hall: There is a dining hall separate for boys and girls where food is supplied for he residential students.
18. Multipurpose hall: the department has a hall which s used for multiple purposes. It is facilitated with power supply, seating, microphone with amplifier, and a portable LED projector.
19. Play Grounds: The centre has play grounds for cricket/football, badminton, volleyball, & Basket ball
20. Gymanasium: There are gymnasiums separate for boys & girls at the Centre
Biometric Attendance System
A biometric attendance system is installed at the department. The attendance is uploaded on the website every month
Apex Body for Teacher Education Programme
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is the apex body for Teacher Education Programmes. The B.Ed. programme of AMU Centre Malappuram is recognised by NCTE.