Training and Placement (University Women's Polytechnic)
Training and Placement Cell (TPC)
Greetings from Training and Placement Cell (TPC)
University Women's Polytechnic
The TPC at University Women's Polytechnic was established in the year 2014. This cell consists of TPO (Training and Placement Officer), TPCO (Training & Placement Coordinator), One Technical Staff member and twelve student volunteers.
The goal of Training & Placement Cell is to provide training and employment opportunities to the students of University Women's Polytechnic in leading organizations. The Training and Placement Cell is the nodal point of contact for companies seeking to establish a fruitful relationship with University Women's Polytechnic. Here, at TPC we firmly believe in 'Industry-Institute Interaction'. In order to accomplish 'Industry-Institute Interaction', the TPC organizes technical talks and workshops/ seminars to provide a platform to the students to interact with professionals from various fields. It encourages visits to the industries by the polytechnic students. It arranges for industrial problems to be worked on by students as part of their projects.
Major Responsibilities of TPC
- To arrange technical training programs by coordinating with various companies to improve overall competency of the students.
- To invite reputed industries and organizations in the campus of the Institute for the placement of students.
- To organize lectures and workshops for students on career counseling, interview techniques, soft skills development and making familiar with expectations/needs of industrial/professional world.
- To promote and motivate students to publish technical papers and participate in the technical activities at the national level.
- To motivate and provide facilities to the students to organize various technical programs to develop overall leadership qualities.
- To help the students to acquire financial assistance (scholarships) provided by various Government/ Non-Government organizations.
- Any other related work assigned by higher authorities.
We cordially invite your esteemed organization to participate in our training and placement process for the students.
Students of Diploma in Secretarial Practice program undergo year long apprenticeship/ training in leading organizations / offices. This enables them to get exposure in tackling live problems that occur in the working of an individual entity. This training, along with various awareness programmes keeps the students informed about latest trends in the field.
From 2015 onwards the TPC has decided to manage the training procedure of students in a professional way. In this process an advertisement will be issued every year in the month of October requesting the industries/ offices to provide training to the students. Students will then be placed in the interested organizations.
The TPC is seeking industry/ peer institutes alliances to provide training to the students of Diploma in Costume Design & Garment Technology.
Students of Diploma in Engineering (Computer/ Electronics/ IT) are mainly interested to go for higher studies (B.E./ B.Tech. Programmes). To simplify their admission process to higher classes and to help them identify reputed colleges at affordable fee structure, the TPC is always ready to provide assistance to the students.
Soft Skills and Personality Development Programmes
We have a well planned communication and personality development program to update/ upgrade our students for the highly competitive future. The institute is offering various trainings to the students on personality development and career development skills, etc., The Training & Placement Cell provides the infrastructural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The training and placement cell arranges career guidance programs (CGP), soft skills programs, and personality development programs through external experts throughout the academic year. Such programs help the students to develop communication skills and build self-confidence. Before the campus interviews, mock interviews are conducted to enhance the skills of the students and to motivate them in order to enable them to face the interviews successfully.